Muga Dali Usli

Mooga Dali Usli

Here is another Konkani recipe from my mother-in-law. She made this for breakfast and I must add, Mooga Dali Usli (Moong Dal Usli) did not sound too interesting to me when I heard the name. How can anything made with just dal taste good, right? But the taste just blew me away! It was so unexpectedly good! Protein rich breakfast and tasty too. Good start to a day, methinks!

Here is how it's made.

Ingredients:
Moong Dal 2 cups
Water 4-5 cups
1 tsp Sugar
3 tsp Coconut powder
Salt to taste

For the Tadka/Tempering:
Coconut Oil (or any other) 4-5 tsp
Mustard Seeds 2 tsp
Green Chillies 2 chopped
Curry Leaves -8-10
Hing 1 tsp

Method:
Bring water to a boil. Add the moong dal and cook until soft but not mushy, for about 10 mins. Drain excess water. Add the tempered oil, salt to taste, sugar and coconut. Mix well.

Popular Posts