Friday, January 25, 2013

Indian Food Trail - Mysore


"Indian Cuisine" is a misnomer.  There are literally hundreds of "cuisines" that fall under that category, really.  Foods in India, differ by state, region, religion, community and season. Sailu of Sailus Food has embarked on an effort to capture the many intricacies of various Indian cuisines with her series Indian Food Trail. I am honored to have been a part of this, with the Mysore edition. Please head over here to take a look at my guest post for her series. And while there, be sure to check out her elegant site for recipes from her own state, Andhra Pradesh and from around the world.

11 comments:

sailaja said...

Dear Vani, thank you for your in-depth article on Mysore cuisine. Appreciate your time and effort in enlightening us on the everyday food culture of your regional cuisine. :)

<a href="www.sailusfood.com>Sailu</a>

Sushma Madhuchandra said...

Wow! I am heading to your guest post now..

Uj said...

Lovely thali Vani..I have to try making obbattu next time. They look so yum..My mom makes really soft and yummy ubbatti :D

Vani said...

Thank you for the opportunity to showcase the foods from Mysore, Sailu.

Vani said...

Hope u like it, Sush :)

Vani said...

Thanks, Uj :)

LG said...

Article was very good Vani. Adige ella tumba chennagi ide.

Jayashree said...

A very well written and informative article, Vani.

Vani said...

Thanks, Lakshmi and Jay!

ZeeKhana Khazana said...

Nice describe details and I am fan of it. Sailu of Sailus Food is new to me yet impressive to include it in my Indian Food Recipes

Unknown said...

Lovely blog ...Hats off! I must try your recipes..

Here is a link to a blog that reviews food hotspots in Mysore:

http://whimsytummy.blogspot.in/2013/08/go-italiana.html