Sunday, March 23, 2014

Veggie Crescent Dough Pizza


My baking only involves pre-made dough - frozen or refrigerated kinds. I usually have a few cans of croissant, dinner rolls and/or biscuit dough lying in my fridge. When I saw two cans of Pillsbury crescent about to expire, I turned them to four personal pizzas. And I must say, fresh off the oven, I liked them much more than with refrigerated pizza dough. I used leftovers from a fajita dinner the previous night - grilled onion, green pepper, jalapenos, cheddar - for topping.


Ingredients:

2 cans crescent dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara
1 medium onion, cut
1 small green pepper, cut
1 jalapenos, de-seeded and cut
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar (or mozzarella or any cheese of your choice)

Method:

Heat oven to 375F. Grease a cookie sheet. In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions and both the peppers until lightly browned.
Unroll dough and separate each can of dough into two rectangles on the sheet. Firmly press to seal perforations.
Spread sauce on each pizza, top evenly with cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 13-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie cheet and serve warm.

2 comments:

Veena Theagarajan said...

perfect kids pleaser

Priya Suresh said...

Very irresistible pizza, but i dont get crescent dough here, drooling here.